For your convenience, this post has links to Amazon.
The surface of new porcelain tiles is incredibly smooth and glossy. It’s possible to develop a visual effect with time, but this isn’t guaranteed. After a while, it might become grumpy and unsightly, giving an ugly impression. You can fix this by adding shine to the porcelain tiles.
Tip: Tiles may be glazed using glossing fluid
To prepare the tile for glossing, they must first be cleaned. After that, you may begin applying minor amounts of gloss. A glossy floor may be achieved once a coat of gloss has dried. It’s a lengthy procedure that requires careful attention to detail, though.
Follow the step-by-step instructions on how to make matte porcelain tile shiny below for the best results. Let’s get started on making your flooring shine!
How To Make Matte Porcelain Tile Shiny
Method 1: Clean The Porcelain Tiles To Make It Shiny
Things you may need
Step 1: Determine whether or not the tile has been glazed.
It is critical to assess whether or not you can genuinely apply the liquid gloss. Certain porcelain tiles have a glass overlay on top of them. However, if you wish to use a sheen to your tiles, you may not be able to do so. Unglazed tiles allow you to choose the level of shine you want in your bathroom.
Step 2: Get rid of the clutter.
To begin, remove all of the furniture from the floor. Care must be used while cleaning the porcelain tile floor. Any remaining dust or debris may be cleaned up in this manner.
Step 3: Ensure your safety at all times.
Protect your hands by wearing chemical-resistant gloves. The same gloves may be used to remove grout dust.
You must also make sure that none of the chemical solutions reaches your eyes. Wearing safety goggles is a must because of this.
When dealing with chemicals, it is crucial to prevent inhaling the vapors. You must ensure that the place is well-ventilated and adequately to do this. Make sure to keep the windows and doors shut while you’re at work and after you’ve finished.
Step 4: Before applying the Gloss, make sure everything is clean.
Clean using a mop that has been soaked in a cleaning solution. Remove any stains or scum from the unglazed porcelain tile. If you use this method, you won’t have to scrape your shower walls to get rid of the grime.
Scrub brushes or an abrasive pad may be used to clean your tiles if you think they need them. Rinse the tile well before allowing it to dry naturally. To get rid of tough stains, repeat the technique as many times as required. You may go to the next step after the dirt has been removed.
Step 5: Comply with all Product Instructions
Follow the manufacturer’s directions while applying the gloss finish. Gloss should be applied following the circumstances, such as the ideal room temperature. If you follow the instructions in the letter, you’ll get the best results.
Step 6: Apply the Gloss Fluid at this point.
Apply a tiny layer of gloss to create this. As you work, check to see that the coating or application is apparent rather than white. Any puddles that try to build upon the porcelain flooring should be wiped away.
Step 7: Wait for the Gloss Fluid to dry.
Congratulations on finishing the liquid portion of your training. Keep your chin up because things are about to become much worse!
Allowing the tiles to dry is vital. To speed up the drying process, you may install a fan over the flooring. The floor needs at least 30 minutes to cure completely.
Step 8: Apply a New Coating.
Apply a second layer of gloss as soon as the floor is dry enough. Make sure the coating is even and consistent. Equal if it’s not perfectly even, it won’t look good.
Step 9: Allow the Coat to dry out.
Afterwards, wait for the second layer to thoroughly dry. Take a look at the sparkle that’s been left on the carpet.
If you need more, continue the procedure by adding a third layer for an even more incredible shine. Make sure each coat is completely dry before moving on to the next one.
There you go! Following the procedure, your matte porcelain tiles should gleam. Maintaining the luster of your tiles requires regular tile cleaning.
Tiled ceramic may be cleaned in the same manner. To clean both kinds of tiles, use the same method since they are both made of the same material.
Things you shouldn’t do
- Never use bleach – Bleach may brighten your grout, but it can also weaken, making it more vulnerable to water damage. The chemical components of bleach represent a danger and must be thoroughly cleansed.
- Do not scuff the surface – Porcelain tiles will not shine if the grout is scratched. There are a lot of abrasive cleansers on the market. For some time, the abrasive substances may readily damage the grout and create deep scratches that can trap additional filth.
Method 2: Get the help of a professional
To get the most outstanding results from your porcelain tile flooring, you may want to consider hiring a professional to do the job for you. It doesn’t matter how long or how well you’ve maintained your floor tiles; you will always need expert help. As a result, your tiles may crack, be damaged, or become loose.
If the problem isn’t addressed quickly, it will worsen and leave your house with a less-than-stellar tile finish. The highest-qualified tile installers are required for flawless work. A professional should be called in if you notice any of these symptoms when cleaning your tile.
There are two types of porcelain tiles that you should keep in mind when you’re attempting to get your flooring to shine. Tile comes in both glazed and unglazed varieties.
- Glazed tiles – With their dazzling look and firm surface, the glazed tiles will be ideal for any project. Make sure you use the right cleaners while you’re scrubbing your tiles since the improper ones might leave you with obtuse flooring.
When cleaning glazed tiles, you may use light cleaning solutions like vinegar or warm water with lemon juice.
- Unglazed Tiles – Porous unglazed tiles, on the other hand, are a different story. Because of this, they are prone to accumulating dirt and stains. These tiles may be challenging to clean without the use of glazes.
- Regardless of how frequently you clean your tiles, they will eventually get discolored. With only one cup of ammonia and 2 liters of water, you may, however, prevent this from occurring.
- You may use laundry soap or detergent and warm water to remove wax stains from your tile. Tiny amounts of ammonia and detergent may brighten your tiles.
FAQs on How To Make Matte Porcelain Tile Shiny
Is baking soda necessary to remove stains?
What are some of the advantages of tile floors?
If you’re looking to add value to your property, tiles are the way to go. For example, the following are possible explanations.
- Tile flooring has a gleaming appearance and is a pleasure to walk on.
- They may accommodate different stylistic preferences.
- Comparatively speaking, they’re a great deal less expensive than other types of flooring.
- They are straightforward to maintain and care for, provided you’ve sealed the grout.
- In terms of design, they can also survive the test of time.
- Choosing tiles for flooring means the reward of an upscale look at home. The only difficulty you could have to deal with is how to restore the lustre to a worn-out floor or sealing cracks in the tile
What causes porcelain tiles to deteriorate?
The surface of tiles might be damaged if corrosive substances are often used. This problem might also arise if you are unable to clean your tiles for an extended period.
What can I use to clean my porcelain tiles?
Using warm water and a mop is the best way to clean your home for everyday usage. Mixing liquid dishwashing detergent into the water is an option if you choose.
It’s essential to know how to clean your floors if you want your tiles to look their best. Frequent cleaning is not enough to maintain the shine of the tile floor. However, you should be aware that adhering to the suggestions I’ve offered here may be incredibly beneficial. In most cases, you won’t need to invest a penny in executing these ideas.
Knowing what you can and can’t do with the tile cleaning products you use is essential. Make the right decisions and keep to your goals with help from this app. You may start by following these easy steps to get the appearance you want for your tiled floor.